- The first illustrated music video was produced in 1864
- Micheal Jackson - Scream is the most expensive music video, costing £7m.
- Before big music videos really hit, Warner Brothers had created a series of short, live action musicals called 'Spooney Melodies'.
- Music videos became an art form with film makes coming from art school to produce them.
- Nowadays, YouTube, MySpace, Facebook + iTunes is the best place for artists to promote themselves as it allows them to become successful even when on a low budget to film. An example of artists who became popular from these methods without mainstream broadcasting is Ok Go with the song 'A Million Ways' which gained 9 million views on YouTube.